Monday, November 8, 2010

Identity Promises....

A promise by definition is:

Definition of PROMISE

1  a : a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified
    b : a legally binding declaration that gives the person to whom it is made a right to expect or to claim the performance or forbearance of a specified act 
2: reason to expect something promise of relief>; especially : ground for expectation of success, improvement, or excellence promise>

Based on the above definition this would mean that a promise is something you can count upon with utmost certainty. When a promise is delivered by a person whom you trust its certainty is ironclad. There are a great many promises in our world. In the coming weeks I want to share with you some promises the Lord has given us.  Part of my life's journey has included a season of coping with depression. The process included digging into whom I am in Christ. My value is not dependent on me. According to the Scriptures my value is mine because of Christ and His work on the cross. 

 There are thirty- two verses in the New Testament that speak to "My Promised Identity in Christ."  Because these promises come from Christ they are certain. We can claim them daily and apply them to our lives, our thoughts, and our attitudes. Over the coming weeks I will be mining the word for these promises and posting my thoughts and research regarding each. This is not a daily series. My goal will be to post at least two promises each week. Please keep me in your prayers as I enter into this season.

 Caite 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ...this was filled with some needed reminders.
thank you for sharing an blessing me

Pam D. said...

Thanks for the reminder that my value is not dependent on me. Looking forward to reading the promises!

Pam :)