Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Identity Promises.... #1 What is My Value?

 "8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God-- 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are what He has made us, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand to be our way of life."
Ephesians 2: 8-10

It has been asked for millennia -"What is my purpose? Why am I here? What is my Value?" People intrinsically want to know their value, their reason for being. I do anyway. I find I compare myself to others. What makes them valuable? Why are they valuable? Can I use the measure of them to determine my value? As humans I think we often use the "success" we have, the value of our job or career, the importance we perceive that we have to others to determine our worth. We assign value to ourselves based on our accomplishments. Scripture says differently. 

 Ephesians 2:10  tells us that we are created by the Master for a purpose. A purpose that He prepared for us. The Master created me for a reason. When I think of the great masters, Michelangelo, da Vinci, Picasso and their peers, I think of amazing artwork, inventions, and incredible discoveries. Then I realize that their talents, their amazingness is all due to the Master Creator and He created them for a purpose. My mind reels.

So I am God's masterpiece. Whoa. What does it mean to be a masterpiece? A masterpiece is a unique work, designed and executed with the utmost skill. In reference to me - I am God's masterpiece designed with skill, for goodness and purpose. I am not an assembly line product. I am unique. I have no business belittling God's masterpiece. He's God. He determines my value. Not me. I can claim this. His promise that I am His masterpiece, created with His design already in place for my life.

My Identity Promise: I am God's masterpiece created in Jesus Christ for goodness.


Lord, Thank you for setting me apart unique and with a purpose in your kingdom. I am a masterpiece. My value is beyond what I can imagine. Lord help me to claim this and lives as your treasure.


No comments: