Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A day, A year, A lifetime

Yesterday the Admiral and I marked our 13/17th anniversary. I am continually surprised at that. Have we really been together 17 years?!?! Wasn't just a couple of years ago I sat with my daddy and watched the snow fall as I prepared to meet the Admiral at the altar? No. You say? Oh. 13 years. It has gone by so quickly.

I think back to that winter day. I was nervous and calm. Nervous because this was the biggest commitment I had ever made. Calm because this man is a man of honor, caring, my best friend. This man loves me.  I was so ready, after four plus years of dating, to join our journeys together. This memory of snowflakes, lace, and candlelight delights my heart. Music, smiles, family, and well wishes. All drops of joy.

A year goes by. Then four. We cherish, disagree, play, build and journey together. Growing. T arrived 3 days before our fifth anniversary. A gift we were never certain we would receive. Two years later, Pixie joined us. How blessed we are. In each moment we seek the Father's face.  "Guide us, Lord. Equip us to raise these treasures."

Now we celebrate 13 years of marriage and 8 years of parenthood. God is so good. I am so very thankful the Admiral. He is my best friend. He is my joy. He is my aggravation. He is my passion after Christ. I pray daily I will be the wife he needs. I pray I will be the wife God designed me to be. I pray the Lord will give me the strength and discipline to follow my husband, my leader.

Admiral, I love you.

No comments: