Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's & Romance

Yesterday the Admiral brought me roses. Lovely deep red roses picked up on his way home because he knows they give me pleasure. He doesn't give them with fuss and pomp. He just gives them. I open the paper, mix the flower food, trim the stems and place them in a vase. I revel in the silky softness of the petals. Enjoying the passionate, deep color. I revel silently as I get them into the vase. Then I return to the ritual of  making dinner. Thinking quietly to myself how wonderful that the Admiral chose to honor me with them. Thinking how silly to get such pleasure from a cut flower... and yet, is it silly? No. just like the mornings he quietly goes and starts the van for me so it will be warmer when I get into it or the time he takes to clean up dinner just because, He is showing his Love. I am blessed. 

1 comment:

Janet Rose said...

Isn't it always the little things that give us the most joy!!!