Saturday, March 3, 2012

Random Questions

So My friend, Aurie, at Our Good Life did a random questions list. I thought this was fun. So I am in :)


What is your guilty pleasure? Today - Homemade Caramel Popcorn with Cashews 



If you could speak another language besides the one(s) you already know, what would you chose? WOW I don't know. I would love to know Spanish, Hebrew, Greek, Gaelic. 


What one area of your life do you wish you could hire someone to do for you? Cleaning. I'd much rather make the mess! Create, Play, Cook, Sew!


When’s the last time you wrote a snail-mail card to someone when it wasn't their birthday? I wrote my Mom and my Grandmother this month. I like making cards I do not always use them. I like writing letters I just don't do it very often.


Do you prefer active (traveling) vacations or lazy (stay at home) vacations? I like both. It feels more vacationy when we travel. But home is good too.


Would you rather watch television or read a good book? Sigh. I like crime shows. but I absolutely LOVE to read, but I am irresponsible with books. I get sucked into a novel; the dishes go undone, children fend for themselves, I get no sleep. Reading is a wonderful outlet. One for which I am thankful. It is also one I must be wary how often I engage in. Short answer: Good book


Which do you prefer, large shopping centers or small mom 'n pop stores? Mom 'n pop stores all the way. Yes, many things are cheaper at the bigger stores. I have come to believe that paying the extra price is an investment in local business. In my hometown the local grocer contributes to all three churches youth groups, the Girl Scouts, the band, the Lions club, the Boy Scouts, and the little league, as well as others. Supporting this business man supports our community.


Which did/do you like better, math and science or arts and crafts? Arts & Crafts, anything creative. Math is confusing. Science is interesting but takes math. History is wonderfully full of stories.


Which do you prefer, online or real flesh and blood friends? Friends are blessings, regardless of distance.


When was the last time you did a special deed without sharing it either off or online? I rarely share ... God leads I try to follow.


Do you like or hate brushing your teeth? Brushing is cool. Flossing not so much. Both serve their purpose.


Here are some extra questions I thought up.


What hobbies do you cherish engaging in? Bible study, Living History, edged weapons, reading, sewing, scrapping, cooking, and singing.


What is your favorite book of the Bible? I am study Proverbs. We are using it as our copywork for homeschooling. Right now I have to say it is my fav. There is so much wisdom there. I understand it better now that I am grown up. I am also working to translate each verse into language my girl's get. This helps get the verse ingrained in my head.


Dishes... wash 'em a little at a time or wait til there is a full sink? Wait till there is a full sink. I'm not sure why. I'd rather do it all at one time. Same with Laundry. I can see the wisdom in doing a little at a time but I rarely manage to do it that way.



Now that you know a little more about me - I'd love it if you'd answer one of the questions so I learn more about YOU!
Happy Saturday!! 

No comments: