Wednesday, March 7, 2012

a blink of an eye........ Poof!

This year marks some milestones. We set aside some days as special...class reunions, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. As I look back at my anniversary ( Jan 17th - 14 years) and forward to my upcoming class reunion I am surprised, overwhelmed and shocked. Can it really have been 20 years?

 I have now lived in this place longer than I lived at "home". Part of me still feels like that foolish eighteen year old trying on the new grown up me that I was inventing in my first year of college. Part of me is very glad I am not her anymore. The journey is important. Each day brought me to the place I am today, I would not give them back. If I had just blinked and gone from there to here She, from 20 years ago, could not handle my life today. She would not have the history & experience to function.

I am so grateful for God's hand on me, preparing me for the challenges I will face.




I look at my daughter's face and wonder where the baby girl went. *Poof!* There are these people with strong opinions and individuality. When did that happen? I mentioned this to my mother. She quipped " How do think I feel when I look at you?"






The strange reality of life is we keep growing, changing, discovering. God designed me for this. Who I am today is not who I was, nor is it who I will be.



I think what I want to say is everyday is a milestone in some fashion. Marking some days as special does not mean the others are less than special. It mean we are choosing to remember, choosing celebrate life and that is  good. Do not write off any day without thankfulness for it. Because *poof!* it is gone forever. Look for Him in the ordinary. Seek Him and know He is with you for the whole journey, not just the mountain tops. Be Thankful.

2 comments:

Homeschool Month by Month said...

Every word, so true. Thanks for the encouragement. By the way you look fabulous!

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com